Giving credit where credit is due
Design and Development Partners
We are super grateful for the following folks who without, OTF would not have the application system we have today.
- Combonet, who we are super grateful to have had with us from the start as our lead developers and tireless DevOps.
- Torchbox, who continue to work with us as primary developers on our move from Drupal app to Django and Wagtail. They've significantly refreshed the previous design and completely re-vamped the applicant experience and application processing workflows.
- Throneless Technology, who have taken on bring about secure messaging, notifications, and engagement with the application system via Signal and Slack as well as working on making the web app available via the Tor network and providing general DevOps.
- Thinkshout, who did a major UI/UX re-design that we are largely still using today as our core look and feel.
- SthlmConnection, who provided us with our first properly designed lovely Drupal app back in the day!
- Dress Code, who defined our very first brand and style, the one that persists today, with our very first website and the video below.
Engineering / Deployment
This is primarily a Django and Wagtail application hosted on Heroku and the static files hosted on Amazon S3 with Cloudflare as our CDN. Email engagement is managed by Mailgun. Slack and Signal engagement is handled by Hubot. You can review the open source code behind this app on our Github page. We rely upon a number of other services as well, including (but we may not have listed them all): CircleCL for continuous integration, Sentry for error tracking, Scout for performance monitoring, and Discourse for we.opentech.fund where we engage feedback, support, and general community management.